Sunday, October 7, 2012

An Introduction of Sorts...

Hi my name is Alysson and I'm a book addict. *waves*

My boyfriend Bill and I have been thinking about making a book blog for a while but never took the time to sit down and put it all together until now. We tend to read different genres - with me sticking to YA and occasionally adult fiction, and Bill reading adult sci-fi, fantansy, and classics. But he's been reading more and more young adult book since we moved in together. He now has a thing for the Morganville Vampires series. :D

Like Bill, I had always been an avid reader but I didn't have anyone to squee or rant to when a love interest made me swoon or a heroine pissed me off to end. Our friends of the weird variety of people who don't read. So my book love was all cooped up and lonely inside my mind and I desperately needed to find people to share with. Little did Bill know that as soon as we started dating listening to me obsess over my books would be obligatory and frequent. >:} Lucky for me, he doesn't mind.

Most of the time.

So he says.

Anyways, one day I randomly found Goodreads while perusing around the interwebs during lunch, and I fell in love. Soon after this I found out that there was such a thing called a book blog and I was totally hooked. Until earlier this year I assuaged my need to discuss by stalking various book blogs and Goodreads conversations until I eventually began writing my own reviews. But being a full-time student and commuting crazy long distances kind of cuts down on the amount of time you have to read, much less run a blog on your own. So, when Bill and I moved in to an apartment together in June, I asked him to start a blog with me so we could both share our love for books. And here we are. :))))

So hello everyone! We hope you like our blog.
-Alysson & Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment