Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Author Highlight -Stephen King

For this kind of post I’m just going to be talking about an author and not specifically any of their books, and this time I decided to write about Stephen King. King is one of my favorite authors and I think he is someone that everybody should read at least one book by.  He is best known for his work as a horror writer, and rightly so. His “scary” books are downright terrifying at times. I’m currently reading ‘Salem’s Lot and nothing scary has even happened yet but I’m filled with a wordless dread and I have no idea what’ s gonna happen next.  And while I never read the book, I watched about 30 minutes of the movie “It” when I was a kid and I’m still scared of clowns, so that’s one book that I’ve decided I’m never reading, mostly cause I don’t want to pay for a therapist.
              
 Something that it seems like a lot of people over look though is Stephen King’s none horror writing, most notably his Dark Tower series. The Dark Tower series is a bit of a mind bender, and I am on the second to last book, so I don’t know how it ends but so far it’s been nothing but fantastic and I can’t thank my friend Ryan enough for recommending it. He’s also written several other books that don’t fall in the horror category, such as Under the Dome and The Stand.  Also I’ve found most of the early dark tower books for a dollar at Half-Price Books, along with a lot of his other stuff, which makes his work fairly accessible.
              
 If you’re looking for something intriguing, and different from the normal fair I highly recommend taking a look at Stephen King’s books, although maybe that look should happen in the daytime.  Also if you read nothing else by him, read the forward to one of his books, their normally pretty informative and sometimes really funny.


P.S. Seriously, what is wrong with clowns, they’re so damn scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment